I always escape my real life by watching Australia’s next Master chef or watching other television programes like Home and Away or Glee or I end up playing games-on the computer or card games.
The theory of Escapism is all about escaping real life and moving into another world to forget your troubles for a while.
n 1969 Jay Blumler and Denis McQuail studied the 1964 election in the United Kingdom by examining people’s motives for watching certain political programs on television. By categorizing the audience’s motives for viewing a certain program, they aimed to classify viewers according to their needs in order to understand any potential mass-media effects. The audience motivations they were able to identify helped lay the groundwork for their research in 1972 and eventually uses and gratifications theory.[
West, Richard L., and Lynn H. Turner. “Uses and Gratifications Theory.” Introducing Communication Theory: Analysis and Application. Boston: McGraw-Hill, 2010. 392-409. Print.
- Uses and Gratifications Theory (emma0305.wordpress.com)
- Shadows and Dread (jerreth-esq.blogspot.com)
- Most people thought MasterChef won’t last long: Gary Mehigan (dnaindia.com)
- Audience Theory – Hypodermic Needle (hjshepherd.wordpress.com)
- Audience theories (jacksonrogersluxton.wordpress.com)