Diagetic sounds are sounds in film like for example having a conversation.
Non-diagetic sounds are the sounds that have no origins in sounds like car crashes.
This compared to trans-diagetic is the imperfect world external then internal for example a sound out of a radio could be heard outside the actual movie then it can suddenly be in the movie with someone in it listening to it in a car.
I think all movies should always have at least 1 or two of these types of sounds in their movies at all times.
- Hunger Games: Catching fire (redribbonproductions.wordpress.com)
- Taken 2 (emfoundationproduction.wordpress.com)
- Textual Analysis (lilygriffithsasmedia.wordpress.com)
- This Is England ’86 (Shane Meadows, 2010) Episode 4, Montage Scene Analysis (08spencerh.wordpress.com)
- Shifty Analysis (slideshare.net)
- Seven (emfoundationproduction.wordpress.com)
- Fargo (emfoundationproduction.wordpress.com)